Contemporary Romance

The Contemporary Romance includes books which are set in post World War II era. these are my favourite kind of romance novels usually focused on social aspects of life in the time they are written. It is a broad genre and have many sub genres like medical romance, romantic suspense, humorous and so on. The ones I like always have a happy ending because like Jane Austen, I too, do not believe in tragedies. I think love should end happily at least in fiction if not in reality. Most times when I am reading romance I can get a pretty good idea how it will end but that doesn't in any away influence my liking of these books. There are a large number of books available under this genre. I think these are the most read romance books and many good authors are writing amazing contemporary romances (fortunately for the readers like me :)).
My personal favourite authors are Julie James, Lisa Kleypas, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Susan Mallery, Kristen Ashley, Bella Andre, Jennifer Probst, Denielle Steel, Nora Roberts, Maya Banks, Robyn Carr, Lucy Monroe, Julie Garwood, Abbi Glines, Carly Phillips, Jill Shalvis, Jamie McGuire and Kristan Higgins.
So that was a short list of the best authors out there (in my opinion). Among these Kristan Higgins and Kristen Ashley are two authors whose every single book I've read or is on my soon-to-read list. They are the best of the best :)